This is a special DIY for Mama’s and Papa’s who are NOT scared away by a little « music » making…
Normally, my 2 1/2 years old daughter has music lesson on Friday. But this Friday, because school is closed, she is super sad not to be able to play drums on the floor.
I look around, and BAM, Maracas idea !
So this is the materials that I collected:
- Empty boxes, or empty toilet paper roll.
- Tape (strong one!)/glue/scissors/coloured paper (must be a little bit cardboard-ish).
- Rice/quinoa/pasta/bulgur… it depends what you have in your pantry.
And now, the fun part:
- Be sure that one side of the box/toilet paper roll is safely sealed. I cut a piece of paper, blocked one exit and tape it around.
- Fill the box with your rice/pasta. I would say it was 2-3 of my daughter’s hand’s full.
- Seal the other side of the box.
- Wrap paper around in a Christmas-wrapping-kinda-care. And have fun decorate with Washi tape for instance, or drawings, ..
- SHAKE IT like you are in a Maracas Band Camp!
Hope you will enjoy as much as I did,
Have a shac-shac day,